Spiral staircase kits provide a rewarding challenge for project enthusiasts of all experience levels. While assembly requires two people, no special skills are needed for most applications.
Space-efficient and usually a point of architectural interest, spiral staircases
can be specified in standard or custom kits in a variety of designs (e.g. contemporary, Victorian, etc.) and installed indoors or out. What's more, some estimate that
you can save up to 50% when ordering spiral staircases in kit form.
Before ordering a kit, here are some important things to consider:
- Height: Floor-to-floor height will determine the number of treads, risers and degree of stair rotation.
- Diameter: The diameter of the staircase will depend on the size of the floor opening, generally 5' to 6'. Staircases installed off a balcony face can be of almost any diameter.
- Materials: Components come in brass, bronze and steel or maple, oak, pine and other woods. Staircases intended for outdoor use are offered in aluminum, galvanized or powder-coated steels and pressure-treated woods.
- Building Codes: You should review your plans with a building inspector before ordering any kit.
KitGuy Kwik Klik: Konsider a
Kit for your
Most manufacturers offer engineering help to ensure that your kit meets
your exact needs.
Spiral staircase kits are comprised of the following components:
- Center Column (including top cap and base plate): Opt for round, square or other shapes.
- Steps or treads and risers: Choose wood or metal types. Some steps
come with gratings or patterned filigrees; others with attachable tread coverings.
- Handrails: Specify flat, oval, round or square designs in a clockwise or counter-clockwise application.
- Balusters: Select from many styles and shapes.
For more information on spiral staircases,
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE KITGUY HOME PAGE and
click on "spiral staircases" under KITS on the left side of the page. There you will see Kompleteness of
Kits/Finishing, Tools, Skill, Price Range,
Shipping and more.
SEE SPECIFIC KITGUY PROFILES LISTED ON THE TOP
RIGHT OF THIS PAGE WHICH WILL LINK YOU TO ALL THE SPIRAL STAIRCASE KITS AVAILABLE ONLINE.
Klick on "Tools & Hardware" under the "Browse" menu on the left side of
the page. Be sure to visit their "TOOL CRIB" - the link is listed
on the right side of their page.